Moruya Golf Club History

The Moruya Golf Club was opened in 1925

Starting out as a nine hole golf course with sand greens it was built around the Moruya Showground and Racecourse which was established in 1866. 

Work began on the golf course in 1914 with the first golf being played in 1925.

in 1966 well known golf architect Al Howard redesigned the existing 9 holes and incorporated grass greens. (Howard designed Tasmania GC, Elanora, St Michael's, Bowral and many others)

During the redesign the golf club was able to access more land for more golf holes. Three extra holes were added to the course between 1982 and 1984, followed by a further six holes in 1988 which created the 18 hole championship course as we know it today. This work was carried out in conjunction with long term member Jim Marsden and official opened on October 1st, 1988.

Capture12.JPG

The Moruya Golf Club was opened in 1925

Starting out as a nine hole golf course with sand greens it was built around the Moruya Showground and Racecourse which was established in 1866. 

p course as we know it today. This work was carried out in conjunction with long term member Jim Marsden and official opened on October 1st, 1988.